Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Barefoot Shoe News from Facebook


Yes, minimal and barefoot shoes can tackle the snow and ice of the Himalayas! The last 650km of my hike through Europe last year was in barefoot sandals from @xeroshoes. It took some adjustment after years of wearing overly supportive, squishy modern footwear - but after some miles, my feet are now stronger than ever and barefoot shoes are my default choice, especially wh en hiking. But are they tough enough for the Himalayas? I wore the @xeroshoes Terraflex on the Manaslu Circuit recently through snow and mud, over ice (with microspikes), riverbeds, sharp rocks, and over a 5,100m (16,700ft) mountain pass and they performed excellently. I loved being able to feel every step so consciously, and to tread so lightly on the earth. Many other trekkers and local guides doubted that I would make it over the pass in such minimal footwear, as it is still uncommon to see barefoot shoes in such conditions. Now I won’t hike in anything else!! #xeroshoes (#📷 @maitrijournal)
reblogged via Xero Shoes
Barefoot Shoes and Sandals
Barefoot Shoe News from Facebook posted first on http://xeroshoes.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment